Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Concept of Lazy loading in PBI

Hi All,

Is there any concept of Lazy loading in Power Bi I went through this article and there is a mention of "Data Windowing" but I cant find any explaination on it. Actually I have a huge data set that I am showing in a matrix control and I want to show only a specific amount of data at a time for performence imporvement.

Any help is much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You probably want to look into a Mixed Storage mode data model with your facts table on Direct Query and an aggregations table on import.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

It does not have lazy loading.  In the options, you could turn off a few of the automatic options (but that would be data specific only as far as I know).  You could turn off Background Data and Parallel loading of tables but that affects data and not the application itself.

I would appreciate Kudos if my response was helpful. I would also appreciate it if you would Mark this As a Solution if it solved the problem. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.