cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Route11 Member

Concatentate on one line...

Hi Experts

is it possible to show the following measure on online as x (y) as oppsoed to being stack in a card..

Test = CONCATENATE(DIVIDE([Local Margin]-[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],0), CONCATENATE(" ",[Local Margin]-[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP]))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Concatentate on one line...

Hi @Route11

As tested, when using "concatenate" function to connect two column, but the result can't show the data type you set for the original columns.

As a workaround, you could add a column in the "toolip" field to show more information as you wanted.

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

5 REPLIES 5
Route11 Member

Show both % and £m value by using concatenate in a measure

Hi Experts

Is it possible to show teo financial values when using a measure in the same measure when using the concatenate function wrapped around the initial measure....if this makes sense...

so i have

GMvPY2% (Reported AOP) = DIVIDE([Local Margin]-[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],0)

which Shows current 3.02% on the bar chart....BUT i want to show £34.3m (3.02%).

Super User
Super User

Can you provide a picture of what you are seeing with this? Also, some sample data would help to recreate. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Route11 Member

Capture.PNGGreg see image...would like to show 21.37% and 5.2M

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Route11

As tested, when using "concatenate" function to connect two column, but the result can't show the data type you set for the original columns.

As a workaround, you could add a column in the "toolip" field to show more information as you wanted.

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Route11 Member

thanks maggie.. thats what i ended up doing. appreciated the feedback