Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Route11 Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Concatentate on one line...

Hi Experts

is it possible to show the following measure on online as x (y) as oppsoed to being stack in a card..

Test = CONCATENATE(DIVIDE([Local Margin]-[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],0), CONCATENATE(" ",[Local Margin]-[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP]))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Concatentate on one line...

Hi @Route11

As tested, when using "concatenate" function to connect two column, but the result can't show the data type you set for the original columns.

As a workaround, you could add a column in the "toolip" field to show more information as you wanted.

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Route11 Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Show both % and £m value by using concatenate in a measure

Hi Experts

Is it possible to show teo financial values when using a measure in the same measure when using the concatenate function wrapped around the initial measure....if this makes sense...

so i have

GMvPY2% (Reported AOP) = DIVIDE([Local Margin]-[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],[Budget Sales GM Reported AOP],0)

which Shows current 3.02% on the bar chart....BUT i want to show £34.3m (3.02%).

Super User IV
Super User IV

Can you provide a picture of what you are seeing with this? Also, some sample data would help to recreate. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

---------------------------------------

Not the Power BI thought police...

I have NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Route11 Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Capture.PNGGreg see image...would like to show 21.37% and 5.2M

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Route11

As tested, when using "concatenate" function to connect two column, but the result can't show the data type you set for the original columns.

As a workaround, you could add a column in the "toolip" field to show more information as you wanted.

1.png

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

Route11 Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

thanks maggie.. thats what i ended up doing. appreciated the feedback

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors