Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JS
Helper II
Helper II

Concatenatex not returning desired string

I have an issue with my Concatenatex not returning my desired value. 

I have the following 3 measure

Sufficiency Level = IF([Total Line] > [FIN.Total Plan], "Sufficient", "Insufficient")

Insufficient Pipeline List = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('Income Phase',Segment[Segment],"SC.Total Pipeline",[Total Line],"SC.Total Budget",[FIN.Total Plan]),[Sufficiency Level] = "Insufficient"),Segment[Segment],", ",Segment[Segment])

Insufficient Pipeline List = CONCATENATEX(FILTER(SUMMARIZE('Income Phase',Segment[Segment],"SC.Total Pipeline",[Total Line],"SC.Total Budget",[FIN.Total Plan]),[Sufficiency Level] = "Sufficient"),Segment[Segment],", ",Segment[Segment])

Basically this measure summarize the value and return the segment that falls under the insufficient level. 

Capture.PNG

Based on the image above, the measure did return and allocate the segment name correctly. But as observed at the first row, no results was returned. 

Why is this behaving this way? Is there anything wrong with the measures? 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JS

It is werid, I use your formula and dataset as a test, but i can see the measure return values for the first row.

12.png

measure =
CONCATENATEX (
    FILTER (
        SUMMARIZE (
            Sheet10,
            Sheet10[segment],
            "SC.Total Pipeline", [Total Line],
            "SC.Total Budget", [total plan]
        ),
        [Sufficiency Level] = "Insufficient"
    ),
    Sheet10[segment],
    ", ",
    Sheet10[segment]
)

the only difference between my formula and yours is a different table name used in the SUMMARIZE function

SUMMARIZE('Income Phase',Segment[Segment],

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.