Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Arial36
Frequent Visitor

Concatenate with a calculated measure

Good morning Community:

I have a doubt. I'm making a dashboard that measures the usage metrics of the dashboards across the company. For this, Power BI provides a specific data set but with the problem that it does not allow access to the tables directly (as in any report) so no calculated column can be made. The issue is that in that dataset I have a column that contains the names of the users and another that contains the surname. What I need is to unify this information. If I could do calculated columns I would do it with a "CONCATENATE" and that's it, but unfortunately power BI limits the use in this dataset and I can only build calculated measures. Is there a way to do this to a measure? From already thank you very much !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arial36 , Actually measure we can create but will not be able to use that as a column. Because the measure would be like

= Min([First Name]) & " " Min([Last Name])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arial36 , Actually measure we can create but will not be able to use that as a column. Because the measure would be like

= Min([First Name]) & " " Min([Last Name])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.