Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Concatenate a text and a URL

Hi,

I have two columns say A which has text - "Google " and B which has a Web Url- "https://google.com" and I need a column C which has data in the format: "A-B" i.e. Google-https://google.com

I am using a custom visual-Card browser for my project and would like to add this column C as one of the fields in MetaData Field.

To the user it would look like:

C: Google- google.com where Google is a text and google.com is a link. 

Is there a way we can achieve this?

I tried using the concatenate function to create the column C but that doesn't work!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

It is not possible to create a column, part of which is Text, while the rest is a link. A column can only be formatted with one data type.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Is the qn about the custom visual or about the concatenation to produce the third column?

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

It is about producing a third column in such a way that if I use it any visual,  A part is text and part B is a link

Thanks,

Shivani

Hi @Anonymous,

It is not possible to create a column, part of which is Text, while the rest is a link. A column can only be formatted with one data type.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.