Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shivani1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Concatenate a text and a URL

Hi,

I have two columns say A which has text - "Google " and B which has a Web Url- "https://google.com" and I need a column C which has data in the format: "A-B" i.e. Google-https://google.com

I am using a custom visual-Card browser for my project and would like to add this column C as one of the fields in MetaData Field.

To the user it would look like:

C: Google- google.com where Google is a text and google.com is a link. 

Is there a way we can achieve this?

I tried using the concatenate function to create the column C but that doesn't work!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Concatenate a text and a URL

Hi @shivani1,

It is not possible to create a column, part of which is Text, while the rest is a link. A column can only be formatted with one data type.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @shivani1

Is the qn about the custom visual or about the concatenation to produce the third column?

Thanks
Raj

shivani1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @rajendran,

It is about producing a third column in such a way that if I use it any visual,  A part is text and part B is a link

Thanks,

Shivani

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @shivani1,

It is not possible to create a column, part of which is Text, while the rest is a link. A column can only be formatted with one data type.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.