Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Labossi
Regular Visitor

Compressing Duplicate Records

Hello,

Apoligies if this is a fairly trivial question, I'm quite new at Power BI.

Is there anyway to remove duplicate columns automatically without losing any data? i.e have my dataset compress all ID's of EX1 into one row instead of multiple. The ID's that I'm using may be repeated due to connections with other columns, but I'm not concerned about that, I'm looking to just get an aggregate for each day. Example:

ID - Store - Total Sales

EX1 - Store 1 - 10

EX1 - Store 2 - 10

I would like it to just be:

ID - Sales

EX1 - 20

I know this is likely easier to just format outside of Power BI, but I'm curious if it's possible to have done in Power BI.

Thanks in advance, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Labossi,

Your data is changing everyday and you want to see the aggregation of data everyday, right?

You don't need to change data in data model(e.g.:remove some columns), just drag Total Sales column and ID column into a table chart, then click Total Sales in Values pane -> select Sum

0.PNGCapture.PNG2.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Labossi,

Your data is changing everyday and you want to see the aggregation of data everyday, right?

You don't need to change data in data model(e.g.:remove some columns), just drag Total Sales column and ID column into a table chart, then click Total Sales in Values pane -> select Sum

0.PNGCapture.PNG2.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Yggdrasill
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

In QueryEditor, delete the Store column, close and load.

Unless I'm not understanding your needs, this should work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.