Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sreya
Helper II
Helper II

Composite model connected to AAS is not getting refreshed properly. Why?

I have a composite model dataset connected to AAS and Azure Data Lake. When I am trying to refresh the composite model dataset then Old object names are not getting refreshed. Suppose in AAS a meassure name is 'NetRev' and few days later it changed to 'NetRevenue' then after refreshing Composite model it is keeping old name i.e 'NetRev'.

Can anyone please help here?

5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Sreya 

I think I need to know more information to help you.

You need to test:

• If there is only one data source AAS, 'NetRev' will become'NetRevenue'? Can it be refreshed normally by turning LC into DQ? Whether the measure was created before connect to PBI?
  • Do you have mixed query in two data sources? There may be complex queries that cause refresh failures.

Use composite models in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sreya , check if you have access to the power query to change the name in the source.

In power query, right on table , advance editor and change details 

@amitchandak I have access to power query but it shows nothing. The composite model dataset is connected to AAS and Azure Data Lake, now the storage mode is Direct Query.

@amitchandak This is not the case. While dataset is not a composite model then the dataset is getting refreshed but while the dataset is connecting to one more data source Azure Data Lake then the dataset is not getting refreshed properly.

Note- While dataset is connecting to only AAS then the storage mode is Live Connection, but when it conncets to one more data source the storage mode changes to Direct Query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.