Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FernandoOliveir
Frequent Visitor

Composite Model don't show after de publish

Hello everyone!

I'm creating a power bi dashboard with a composite model. That model is composite by a PowerBi Dataset(direct imported from the headquarter of my organization) and an excel source made by myself. Everything is working fine in the powerbi desktop, but when i try to publish the dashboard on my workspace it stops working.

Someone know how can I fix this? Thanks!

Dashboard on BI Desktop - I tried to blur the numbers, because they are real net profit and some more financial numbers, but consider all BI cards working correctly.

FernandoOliveir_0-1675688511486.png

Dashboard after I publish: 

FernandoOliveir_1-1675688814210.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @FernandoOliveir 

According to my understanding of the Power BI composite model dataset, if you publish the corresponding report to the Power BI service, because it contains the content of the Direct query link, it means that your Power BI service needs to refresh the data source in real time through the configured credentials when accessing the content of the Direct query link of this report, if you are not direct Query link configuration credentials or incorrect credential configuration will cause the visual to load an error, so my suggestion is that you need to first go to the dataset settings and find the "! , select Click Edit credential to re-enter and configure credentials for them:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1675736590491.png

For details, you can also check out this official document:
Configure scheduled refresh - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If the data source credentials are all configured correctly, or there is a loading error, you can expand the corresponding error message and reply the error in text format here for further study.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thanks for reply.

I can't select this option. I tried to install a personal gateway, but it's still dont show the option:

FernandoOliveir_0-1675772964816.png

Hi , @FernandoOliveir 

According to the screenshot provided by your example, your "Edit credential" option is not activated, you need to first expand the "Gateway conection" option to find the gateway you just installed, and select "Add to gateway" for the corresponding data source to configure the gateway data source credentials to activate the gateway connection for data:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1675827007521.png

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1675827016045.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.