Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Composite Model - Transform Data and Model Options Disappear

Hi all

My data source is HANA, I am connected to about 7 views.

When I have all views in Import Mode, Transform Data and Model options are available:

vivianloi_0-1603132072200.png

However, when a query with DirectQuery is added and applied, they disappear:

vivianloi_1-1603132213020.png

This was not the case before, as I have a data model that does work with both Import and DQ, connected to HANA.

Do any of you have an idea? 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-composite-models

It says here 

The following Live Connect multi-dimensional sources can't be used with composite models:

• SAP HANA

But I have done this before.. I can show screen shot of that as well, but now it is not working.

Thanks,

Vivian

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please note this tip under the document:

When you connect to these multi-dimensional sources by using DirectQuery, you can't connect to another DirectQuery source or combine it with import data.

So when you connect to HANA with Direct Query first, you cannot transform & combine data.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yingjie, now I tried adding all queries in Import mode and then another in DirectQuery, but it still does not allow me to transform my data.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Still could not reproduce it. I would suggest you to create a support ticket here for further help if it is urgent for you.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your model as you refer is only on direct query the modeling view will not be available if you add another table that is not direct query you will get the composite model you are looking for.

I made a test and made a table with DQ and no relationship and edit query options when I add the table got the composite model and one  table with DQ and another import.

Added a new DQ table and everything remain editable.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @MFelix , Currently I have 14 queries in import, and 1 in DirectQuery, yet I still do not see Transform Data option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.