Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Composite Model - Cannot delete

Hi, I've got a connection to a powebi dataset. I wanted to test composite modelling. I can't seem to find a way to delete the dataset from my report and it hasn't updated with changes I've made either.

Any thoughts on how to delete it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @davehus 

Update :

In the February update, PowerBI added in the ability for you delete DirectQuery connections to Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services .

To do so, go to the Data Source Settings dialog, which you can find in the dropdown for “Transform data”.You need to download the latest version of powerbi desktop.

109.png

110.png

For more details,please refer to this document.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-february-2021-feature-summary/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @davehus 

Update :

In the February update, PowerBI added in the ability for you delete DirectQuery connections to Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services .

To do so, go to the Data Source Settings dialog, which you can find in the dropdown for “Transform data”.You need to download the latest version of powerbi desktop.

109.png

110.png

For more details,please refer to this document.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-february-2021-feature-summary/ 

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@davehus , if you updated your power bi dataset, then you should be able to get new changes with the refresh.

Is that not happening. Which version you are using.

Check for any know issues on Dec -2020 -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Hi @amitchandak ,

No, I can't remove it, it's not refreshing either. I've actually deleted the dataset off the service there and it's made no difference. Version info below...

davehus_0-1613486337140.png

Hi, @davehus 

PowerBI doesn't support it currently.

This new feature is still in the trial stage, and there are still many shortcomings and limitations.

55.png

Please refer to this documnet for more details.

considerations-and-limitations 

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.