Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AUaero
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Composite Model - Append Direct Query table to Import Table

Hi,

I've got a question regarding composite models.  I've got a usage scenario where I need to present 12 months of transactional data including real-time results from today.  I am considering a composite model where the last 12 months less the current day of transactional data is imported and the current day results are direct query.  If I append the direct query data to the import data in Power Query, how will the resulting table behave?  Will a refresh of the append table trigger a refresh of the import data as well as the Direct  Query data, or will only the Direct Query data refresh at run-time?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AUaero ,

Based on my test, the appended table is a kind of import type one. So if your try to refresh it, both data in direct query and import will be refreshed.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AUaero ,

Based on my test, the appended table is a kind of import type one. So if your try to refresh it, both data in direct query and import will be refreshed.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.