Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AMVondra
Regular Visitor

Composite Data Model | Enabling issue

Dear Colleagues.

Could You please help me to understand me what I'm doing wrong??? I'd like to try using Composite Data model for my datasets in My Workspace (Power BI Desktop, last update November 2022), but I can't enable it. I've already read many topics but I see practically only one solution is to activate DirectQuery for PBI datasets and AS in Options and that's all 😞 I did it but anyway I can't add another dataset due to not active button only  Power BI Template apps accordingly screenshot. Probably I missed something so I need Your assistence.

AMVondra_0-1669882303297.png

3 REPLIES 3
AMVondra
Regular Visitor

@amitchandak, Thank You very much for Your answer. But I don't see anything You are talking about option to convert the data model. Could You or somebody else give me an advice what should I do for it? 
Thanks in advance.
AMVondra_2-1669937622545.png

Dear Colleagues. Could You help me with option to convert the data model into a direct query? I don't see this option under Modelling Tab 🙏 Might be I misses something else?

Many Thanks in advance.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@AMVondra , Once you check that option, under the modeling tab, you should see an option to convert the data model into a direct query.

Option in preview keeps on changing as some feature will become the main line and you will not have that anymore in the list

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/directquery-for-power-bi-datasets-and-azure-analysis-servic...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.