Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Complicated Available Hours in period

Hi everyone,

I'm having a really hard time with this issue...

So I have multiple employees and each employee has one or more contracts. These contracts show how many hours a employee has to work each week together with de dates from when en until when the contract is active. (table with this information is available)

I need to calculate the working days between the two dates in that table. However it has to be possible to calculate this too when there is a filter active like only the available hours for March.

I already have the calculation (calculated column) for the working days between the two dates. But when I apply a filter the result will always be the same.

Does anyone know how to fix this to be dynamically?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Could you please share some sample data and give the expected result?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contract Hours.pngAs you can see in the image above, I have a table with contracts. I have to calculate the hours within the selected date that the employee is available. So, the second table shows some extra information how the formula has to look at the data. It makes use of the working days within the period.

The third table is what the formula has to calculate. Because the contract hours are on a weekly basis, the contract hours are divided by 5.  Now the formula can calculate the available contract hours between a certain period.

The dashboard view is how it is going to be visible in the dashboard.

I don't know how I have to create this formula as I've been working on this formula for many hours...

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is it possible for you to provide some sample data from your main table?

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @tex628 ,

The data from the main table is not relevant as this is just employee information and not necessary for calculting the available hours.

What is important is that one employee can have multiple contracts, but not within the same data range.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.