Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaebert
Helper III
Helper III

Complex IF Formula Help

Hello, I am trying to identify an increased score of a topic over the past two or three weeks. I get the data every 7 days. I only am interested in seeing the increase relative to the most recent week. Below, the right two columns are the two I want to create (and do not exist), but don't know how to code an IF/Lookup formula. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 10.11.09 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@shaebert 

you can try this

Column = 
VAR last=maxx(FILTER('Table','Table'[Topic]=EARLIER('Table'[Topic])&&'Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])-7),'Table'[Score])
return if('Table'[Date]=max('Table'[Date])&&'Table'[Score]>last,"Yes","No")

Column 2 = 
VAR last=maxx(FILTER('Table','Table'[Topic]=EARLIER('Table'[Topic])&&'Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])-7),'Table'[Score])
VAR last2=maxx(FILTER('Table','Table'[Topic]=EARLIER('Table'[Topic])&&'Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])-14),'Table'[Score])
return if('Table'[Date]=max('Table'[Date])&&'Table'[Score]>last&&last>last2,"Yes","No")

1.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@shaebert 

not quite clear about the logic.

1. Why the IT for incresaed in 3 consecutive weeks is not "Yes"? It looks like 90>85>70

2. For incresed in consecutive weeks column ,why IT on 2021/3/27 is No? it looks like 85>70. does this column need to compare the value with past two weeks? if so, you only have three weeks value, can't get the result for last column.

@ryan_mayu 

Thank you for pointing out my flawed data. I have updated it now and should follow the logic. See answers/clarification below.

1. IT is now 90>85<92

2. I only want to return Yes if the topic increased in consecutive weeks AND the latest week is the week that it increased. Since I just changed the data above. Look at Cyber as an example. Cyber increased from 65 (3/20/21) to 80 (3/27/21), but there is a “No” in the column for 3/27/21 because 3/27/21 is not the latest week. Hope this helps clarify. 

@shaebert 

you can try this

Column = 
return if('Table'[Date]=max('Table'[Date])&&'Table'[Score]>last,"Yes","No")

Column 2 = 
VAR last2=maxx(FILTER('Table','Table'[Topic]=EARLIER('Table'[Topic])&&'Table'[Date]=EARLIER('Table'[Date])-14),'Table'[Score])
return if('Table'[Date]=max('Table'[Date])&&'Table'[Score]>last&&last>last2,"Yes","No")

1.png

Thank you, this worked!

shaebert
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Ashish_Mathur, thanks for the code. However, I am getting the following error: "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected."

Increased in consecutive weeks = if(CALCULATE(MAX(Comprehensive[Date]),FILTER(Comprehensive,Comprehensive[Topic]=EARLIER(Comprehensive[Topic])))=Comprehensive[Date],Comprehensive[Score]>LOOKUPVALUE(Comprehensive[Score],Comprehensive[Topic],Comprehensive[Topic],Comprehensive[Date],CALCULATE(MAX(Comprehensive[Date]),FILTER(Comprehensive,Comprehensive[Topic]=EARLIER(Comprehensive[Topic])&&Comprehensive[Date]<EARLIER(Comprehensive[Date])))),FALSE())

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 9.58.02 AM.png

Hi,

Could be some bracketing problem.  Please recheck.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Write this as a calculated column formula

Increased in consecutive weeks = if(CALCULATE(MAX(Data[Date]),FILTER(Data,Data[Topic]=EARLIER(Data[Topic])))=Data[Date],Data[Score]>LOOKUPVALUE(Data[Score],Data[Topic],Data[Topic],Data[Date],CALCULATE(MAX(Data[Date]),FILTER(Data,Data[Topic]=EARLIER(Data[Topic])&&Data[Date]<EARLIER(Data[Date])))),FALSE())

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.