Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparison of tables

Hi, 

I would like to compare the data between two tables. I would like to calculate in a FULL table (code price list) how many times I find the value of the table (code boff). I am interested in knowing for each row of the "code price list" table if it has found the correspondence in the "code boff" table.
Here is an example:

CONFRONTO.jpg

This is the result:

CONFRONTO1.png

Have you some solutions ? 

Bal

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. Maybe I was unclear. My purpose is to create a matrix with the "code price list" column in which I look for the values ​​of the "code boff" column

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create measure Matched code boff using LOOKUPVALUE.

Matched code boff= LOOKUPVALUE('code boff'[Code2],'code boff'[Code2],MAX('code price list'[Code1]))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create measure Count time to calculate how many matched rows between the two tables.

Count time =

VAR _table=SUMMARIZE('code price list','code price list'[Code1],"d",IF(MAX('code price list'[Code1])=MAX('code boff'[Code2]),1,0))

RETURN SUMX(_table,[d])

2.png 

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EfU3dEzwU8BCpMEJXccGmYsB9Lr9YKD5VACTKruSgB0QBw?e=eoiIUS

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous try followning measure, change table and column name as per your dataset

Found = 
VAR t = INTERSECT( ALL( TableCodeBuff ), VALUES( TableCode[Code] ) )
RETURN COUNTROWS( t ) + 0

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.