Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparison of purchae rates with that of our competitors

Hi everyone,

I have four tables;

1. Our Internal data of purchases of last two years

2. Data of three competitors' purchasese

3. Materials list

4. Two years calendar table

Requirement:

I am preparing a comparison of our purchase rates with that of our competitors and want three slicers of ;

1. Items

2. Competitor name

3. Price comparison

Resulting Visuals:

The impacts of these slicers in two table visuals (please see the attached file)

Please see the sample data and PBIX file and suggest me how to achieve this requirement. Your help is much appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iqg5elc44hewvkw/AADkO_Z4FwVmu0w2L_GoSYfoa?dl=0

Regfards,

Imran

3 REPLIES 3
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, you can operate as follows.

For ‘Competitor Name’ and ‘Item Description’ slicers, you can apply ‘Importer Name’ in ‘Competitors_Data’ and ‘Item Description’ in ‘Items_Lookup’ to corresponding slicers.

s1.png

For ‘Price Comparsion’ slicer, you may create a table called ‘Price Comparsion’.

s2.png

Then you can create a measure as follows:

Prise Status =

var currentprice = SUMX('Competitors_Data',[Qty.] * [Rate])

var t = FILTER('Internal_Data','Internal_Data'[Item Code] in FILTERS('Competitors_Data'[Item Code]) && 'Internal_Data'[Date] in FILTERS('Competitors_Data'[Date]))

var otherprice = SUMX(t,[Qty.]*[Rate])

var pricestatus = IF(currentprice>otherprice,"Better Price",IF(otherprice<currentprice*1.1,"Higher Price","Similar Price"))

return if(pricestatus in FILTERS('Price Comparison'[Value]),1,0)

Result:

cc.png

If I misunderstand the your thoughts, please show us your  expected output. I am glad to solve the problem for you. Here is my pbix .

Best Regards,

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Actually, what we want to do is that all the three slicers should filter each other i.e, if I only select similar price, it should filter the other two slicers so that I can select competitor and then the products and same is the case if I select a competitor, it should filter Item and Price comparison slicers automatically.

Moreover, the basis of price comparison is only the unit price (rate column). There is no need to multiply qty. with rate.

We want three dynamic slicers, and then resulting two table visuals so that we can review the purchase rates from every aspect.

Please suggest the solution. If possible, we can get in touch on a phone call so that I may better explain.

Regards,
Imran

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would appreciate if anyone can help on doing this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.