Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidH
Helper I
Helper I

Comparision of Measures to evaluate a result

HI!

I have a query with regard to comparing Measures to evaluate something and I am struggling with how this can be done.....

An example of this is shown below. I have Employees in a Table that has multiple scores for on performance against a wide range of activities. However, I have created a Measure (Measure 1) that determines the score for the selected activity.

I have another Measure (Measure 2) that is an expected score for the selected activity, so this is constant for a selected activity whereas individual scores will be different.

What I am looking for is something that allows me to compare the result of Measure 1 against Measure 2 and then allow me to make an evaluation such as categorise the result in a range or percentage. I am sure this should be easy to achieve but I am not getting there......any suggestions would be great!!

Example Table.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @DavidH,

Measure are based on context this means that depending on the filters, slicers, axys setup or column you add to a visual the measure is calculated accordingly.

In you case there is no need to create a new table using the table visual you can add the columns (to give context) alongside with the measures and they will be calculated.

The only thing that you need is to create make that measure 4 has a syntax similar to this

Measure = SWITCH([Measure4] ; 0 ;"Authorised";1 ;"Authorised Partially"; "Not Authorised")

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @DavidH ,

If you already have both measure just make a new one that makes the difference between both:

Measure 3 = [Measure 1] - [Measure 2]

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix,

Many thanks for your response! I was having trouble with one of the measures but now that has been corrected.....

Ok so the simple answer is fine as my measure has been corrected Smiley Happy

Now I need to capture the results of the calculation in a table and I understand that this is possible to do but not sure on how to approach this? I have set up 3 criteria from the subtraction result [Measure 4] in that for ease if the result from the subtraction is;

0 = "Authorised"

1 = "Authorised Partially"

2 or greater = "Not Authorised"

So I would like to capture this result now in a new table so I am able to visualise this. I am sure this is possible using another measure by setting up a variable and a virtual table??

Hi @DavidH,

Measure are based on context this means that depending on the filters, slicers, axys setup or column you add to a visual the measure is calculated accordingly.

In you case there is no need to create a new table using the table visual you can add the columns (to give context) alongside with the measures and they will be calculated.

The only thing that you need is to create make that measure 4 has a syntax similar to this

Measure = SWITCH([Measure4] ; 0 ;"Authorised";1 ;"Authorised Partially"; "Not Authorised")

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.