Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abrasington
Regular Visitor

Comparing strings between two separate sheets for True/False result

Hi there, new to BI and loving it so far. I would like to do the following:

Create a custom column on one sheet, which compares the string in one of the Columns (Let's say Column A) against the space-delimited string (first word) in one of the Columns (Column B) on a seperate sheet. If the string in Column B is contained anywhere in Column A, return TRUE, else FALSE. 

Any help is appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@abrasington

According to your description, you have "find string" in Column A, then you want to search Column A, if the delimited string is included in any Column A entry, then return TRUE, otherwise FALSE. Right?

In this scenario, you can put SEARCH() function into SUMX() to get the total index for each delimited string. Please see my sample below:

Column = IF(SUMX(String,SEARCH(Word[Word],String[String],,0))>0,1,0)

Capture.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@abrasington

According to your description, you have "find string" in Column A, then you want to search Column A, if the delimited string is included in any Column A entry, then return TRUE, otherwise FALSE. Right?

In this scenario, you can put SEARCH() function into SUMX() to get the total index for each delimited string. Please see my sample below:

Column = IF(SUMX(String,SEARCH(Word[Word],String[String],,0))>0,1,0)

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.