Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jfenico
Helper III
Helper III

Comparing items from different filtered results (display what does not exist from original)

A bit of a complex question,

I have a report that shows me what documents have been sent to a list of people. At times, some people get missed or have not been sent the latest version of that document. What I want to be able to do is quickly see who (from the list of people who last received the docs) have not been sent the updated version.

To simplify it:

First Transmission

Person A and B are sent docs.

Second Transmission

Person A is sent the docs.

I want to see a list with person B's name. It can be a new page, separate table, doesn't really matter at this point.

In the screenshots below, you can see when I click on the one document, it lists 2 people (earlier version). When I click on the second record of the document, it lists 1 person.In the second example, Justin did not receive the docs yet. I would like to be able to show who isn't listed as most times there are a large group of people being sent docs and scrolling through a list back and forth and doing an "eye test" will not be very reliable.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jfenico,

Current power bi is impossible to use measure to get highlight item from table visual, please create a slicer to instead. Then you can get selected item from slicer and calculate missed users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft

The names do not need to be highlighted. Creating a slicer of the names can work for individual users but in some cases there are a large amount of users that we need to go through. Checking one at a time would take a lot of time. Our aim is to be able to get the results, export them to Excel and pass them off to other people who need the information.

HI @jfenico,

If all your records are log as sample, I'd like to suggest you to use project number and revision number to find out user list of Transmission 1 and Transmission 2.

Then use except function to remove matched users(finished send operation), these remaining users should forgot to send docs.

You can also share some sample data for testing and coding formula.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft

Thank you for the additional info, I've gone ahead and linked to the PBIX file if you're interested. The 3rd page of the report is where I'd like to be able to filter our the information.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uzriesReh6JwtjAZbtWydC8vlG4aqiJJ

HI @jfenico,

Actually, I'm confused on your revision numbers, they don't looks such regular as your shared.

So I'd like to know which records should be the 'First Transmission' you mentioned and how to deal with duplicate records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.