cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jfenico Member

Comparing items from different filtered results (display what does not exist from original)

A bit of a complex question,

I have a report that shows me what documents have been sent to a list of people. At times, some people get missed or have not been sent the latest version of that document. What I want to be able to do is quickly see who (from the list of people who last received the docs) have not been sent the updated version.

To simplify it:

First Transmission

Person A and B are sent docs.

Second Transmission

Person A is sent the docs.

I want to see a list with person B's name. It can be a new page, separate table, doesn't really matter at this point.

In the screenshots below, you can see when I click on the one document, it lists 2 people (earlier version). When I click on the second record of the document, it lists 1 person.In the second example, Justin did not receive the docs yet. I would like to be able to show who isn't listed as most times there are a large group of people being sent docs and scrolling through a list back and forth and doing an "eye test" will not be very reliable.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Comparing items from different filtered results (display what does not exist from original)

Hi @jfenico,

Current power bi is impossible to use measure to get highlight item from table visual, please create a slicer to instead. Then you can get selected item from slicer and calculate missed users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
jfenico Member

Re: Comparing items from different filtered results (display what does not exist from original)

Hello @v-shex-msft

The names do not need to be highlighted. Creating a slicer of the names can work for individual users but in some cases there are a large amount of users that we need to go through. Checking one at a time would take a lot of time. Our aim is to be able to get the results, export them to Excel and pass them off to other people who need the information.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @jfenico,

If all your records are log as sample, I'd like to suggest you to use project number and revision number to find out user list of Transmission 1 and Transmission 2.

Then use except function to remove matched users(finished send operation), these remaining users should forgot to send docs.

You can also share some sample data for testing and coding formula.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jfenico Member

Hello @v-shex-msft

Thank you for the additional info, I've gone ahead and linked to the PBIX file if you're interested. The 3rd page of the report is where I'd like to be able to filter our the information.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uzriesReh6JwtjAZbtWydC8vlG4aqiJJ

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @jfenico,

Actually, I'm confused on your revision numbers, they don't looks such regular as your shared.

So I'd like to know which records should be the 'First Transmission' you mentioned and how to deal with duplicate records.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

New Ranks and Rank Icons in 2020

Read the announcement for more information!

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

November 2019 Community Highlights

November 2019 Community Highlights

Get an overview of the events and great community content from November.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)