cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparing historical data for multiple periods

Hi,

I have a set of data for stock price performance from 2000 to 2020. I need to analyze performance over a few periods as below

Period A - Jan 1, 2000 - Dec 31, 2003

Period B - May 3, 2007 - May 3, 2009

Period C - April 1, 2010 - April 1, 2015

Output: a single line chart showing stock prices from 2020 to 2020. Then there is a slicer for the 3 period. When I click into period A and  B, there are 2 lines showing stock price performance in those periods?

I am open to other suggestions in comparing pricing performance over different periods.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Are period A, B, C in the same column? If they are, just put that column in the legend field of the line chart and create a slicer based on the column.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Are period A, B, C in the same column? If they are, just put that column in the legend field of the line chart and create a slicer based on the column.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Anonymous , Check this can help you https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors