Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Orstenpowers
Post Patron
Post Patron

Comparing company names

Dear all,

I do need your help.

My table “BusinessPartners” contains of thousands of “BP names”. Some of these BP names might belong to the same Enterprise, but unfortunately this you sometimes cannot recognize by looking at the name only.

This is why I have another table “Gxx_search_items” that contains hundreds of key words that a company name could show up with. Please find below a short excerpt.

PBI_VI.JPG

In BusinessPartners I now do need an additional column called "Link to".

As feedback, this column should contain G02, G03 etc. in case that the SearchItem was found back in column "BP names".

It does not matter whether or not the searchitem is at the beginning, in the middle or at the end and the upper and lower case should be ignored as well.

For example,

- BP name would be "Bayer AS Denmark", then "Link to" should indicate G04.

- BP name would be " Company chemical meura", then "Link to" should indicate G27.

In short, I do need

a new column in BusinessPartners that looks into BusinessPartners[BP name], compares it with Gxx_search_items[SearchItems] and gives back as value those of Gxx_search_items[Gxx]

But how to do? Does anybody have an idea how to solve this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Orstenpowers ,

Try to create a new column like below:

maxx(filter(RegionTag , search(RegionTag [region], Data[Tag],,0)>0)RegionTag[region])

vluwangmsft_0-1632190713696.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Orstenpowers
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dear all,

The following measure works perfectly fine.

Spalte = maxx(filter(Gxx_search_items , search(UPPER(Gxx_search_items[SearchItems]), UPPER(BusinessPartners[BP name]),,0)>0),Gxx_search_items[Gxx])

As a result, "BP Name" is scanned for the search items, no matter, where the search item is placed.

How do I need to adjust the above measure, if it should look up for perfect matches, which means search item = BP Name?

I have no idea...
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Orstenpowers ,

Try to create a new column like below:

maxx(filter(RegionTag , search(RegionTag [region], Data[Tag],,0)>0)RegionTag[region])

vluwangmsft_0-1632190713696.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What could possibly go wrong, with company names like "Lindekronach"  or "ChromeUranium"...

Please provide sanitized sample data in usable format (not as a picture - inserting it into a table would be good).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.