Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pollyog
Advocate I
Advocate I

Comparing column values with measure

Hi there!

I have two tables (without relationship between them because of some businness rules). When I filter the CustomerID on table X, I have to check in every row of the table Y if this row is from this CustomerID. So, the first thing I've done was to create a measure in table Y as max(CustomerID), so the returned value is the clientID I'm filtering on table X. I need to do this:

Table X:

1º Filtered customer 123 in the CustomerID column

Table Y:

1º Create the measure M = max(CustomerID) that return to me the value 123

2º Now I have to create a table like this:

CustomerID   |  checkIfWasFilteredOnTableX

458                |               No

941                |               No

123                |               Yes

476                |               No

The problem is that I was not able to create a measure our column that I can use if(M = CustomerID, 'Yes', 'No') because it doesn't work! I've tried with Search function, Find function, Switch...but It does not work 😞

Anybody have some idea?

PS.: Unfortnately I can't use parameters because I will have to publish this on PBI Service and the end-user have to be able to filter the CustomerID.

Thankss!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pollyog,

Based on my test, you should be able to use the formula below to create a measure, then show it with TableY[CustomerID] on the Table visual in your scenario. Smiley Happy

Measure = IF(MAX(TableY[CustomerID])=MAX(TableX[CustomerID]),"Yes","No")

r4.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pollyog,

Based on my test, you should be able to use the formula below to create a measure, then show it with TableY[CustomerID] on the Table visual in your scenario. Smiley Happy

Measure = IF(MAX(TableY[CustomerID])=MAX(TableX[CustomerID]),"Yes","No")

r4.PNG

Regards

Hi, thanks for the solution. I am having a similar problem but in my case I would like you use this measure as a filter/slicer. How can I do that? TIA

Thank you very much! It worked like a charm!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.