Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Comparing Month Year Across Different Years in the KPI Visual

Hello all! 

I am having trouble comparing different years in the KPI visual. When I select Month and Years that are in the same year, the KPI visual shows the current information as shown in this screenshot. 

Screenshot 1: 1jxYxUe.png

However, when comparing Month Years that go across different years (2019 vs. 2020), the KPI visual only shows data for 2020. 

Screenshot 2: C9jpQDM.png

I have the trend axis set to Year. Is there a way for me to add something like a "Century" column in my Date table which would allow me to compare 2019 and 2020 data in the same KPI visual? Currently, it only shows data for the most recent year (2020). 

Here is the current setup to my KPI visual: gpa0RU5.png

Alternatively, are there any custom KPI visuals that allow me to skip the trend axis and just compare the raw numbers of Total Form Fills & Previous Period Form Fills? I am not interested in the trend visual in the KPI, just the comparison of the 2 numbers and the % difference of these numbers. I also like how the number is green if the Form Fills are greater than the Previous Period Form Fills and red if it is lower than the Previous Period Form Fills. 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! 

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

How are you calculating the Previous Period value? 

Depending on the way you select the information the values may loose context and return only current year.

If you could share a sample file and expected outcome would be great.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.