Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vkomarag
Helper III
Helper III

Compare two years sales and color code the difference

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i have to compare 8 categories current years and previous years measures and notify the difference with arrow symbol whether there is a decrease/increase w.r.t previous years measure. Also, if there is increase and the increase is more than 5% then we have to represent the arrow otherwise no need to show the arrow.

Is there any better way of representing this scenario.

Currently I am doing it in Matrix by just representing the values and conditional formatting. Looking for  a better approach

Thanks

KVB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @vkomarag

In terms of adding arrows to your matrix, the UNICHAR function allows you to cheaply add icons.  Please read this blog for some ideas on that front.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2017/04/11/the-dax-unichar-function-and-how-to-use-it-in-measures-for-d...

As per your measures, do you also need help with them?  It should be pretty straight forward to create a mesure for this/last year and then a difference delta/percent measure if required.  Perhaps if you post some sample data we can give you some ideas.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @vkomarag

In terms of adding arrows to your matrix, the UNICHAR function allows you to cheaply add icons.  Please read this blog for some ideas on that front.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2017/04/11/the-dax-unichar-function-and-how-to-use-it-in-measures-for-d...

As per your measures, do you also need help with them?  It should be pretty straight forward to create a mesure for this/last year and then a difference delta/percent measure if required.  Perhaps if you post some sample data we can give you some ideas.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

The link you have provided is really helpful and great.

I have achieved the requirement using image url's. Thank you so much .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.