Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rshifflet
Frequent Visitor

Compare two tables to find missing equipment inspections

I have two tables.

• Table 1 has a MASTER LIST of equipment numbers.
  • Table 2 has a list of dates the equipment numbers were inspected.

I need to be able to use the dates inspected from Table 2 as a slicer to produce a list showing which equipment numbers were inspected, and another list showing which ones were not inspected. 

I have tried the following:

1. Measure subtracting distict values for equipment numbers from both tables - This did not work as once the date slicer was used, the list for not inspected equipment disapears, even with the show blank data turned on. 
  2. Appended both tables to create a new Dimention table. - This did not work for the same reasons as #1. 
  3. Merged both tables, however this did not seam to work for the same reasons as before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rshifflet ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please share me a dummy .pbix file, removing sensitive information. It is suggested to upload your file to OneDrive for Business and then paste the link here.

Best Regards,

Icey

Hennadii
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @rshifflet , I had similar issue as you. I found a way which described in my latest post here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Filter-table-based-on-related-table-with-inactive-relation/...

The key point there, is to create an intermediate table which is needed in your case as well. That table should has a column Named like IsInspected. A value for this column should be evaluated (last IF expression in my post).

After that, you can place two instances of the new table and filter content by selecting in a filter different values of IsInspected column.

Hope it can helps you

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.