Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

helalmob
Frequent Visitor

Compare total services of current week with same period last year

I want to create a so called HeatMap, KPI visual, or conditional formatting based on few criteria. I have tried using many of the custom visuals and one conditional formatting but none came close to what was developed in Tableau. Here is an Excel file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETKndS-2WeboNzhYgh0m6sGB1FdTuNiY/view?usp=sharing

this includes the following:

1. Sample Data: This tab includes raw data for one Unit (Unit ID=1260) for week1 and week2 of October 2016 and 2017
  2. Summary & Desired Output: This table includes a simple Pivot of the sample data. It also includes a snapshot of Tableau report (desired outcome) followed by KPI definitions and rules. I tried to explain everything in this tab.

I appreciate any help/guidance.

Thank You,

Helal

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, that seems like a straight-up Matrix visualization with Month and Week in Columns, nothing in rows and your 2 measures in Values. Then just conditional format your 2 measures.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Greg,

I started on Matrix visual yesterday and tried conditional formatting (CF). So far, I can see that CF only applies to one measure at the time, correct? another words, I can't say in CF that if this year services (Actual) < Last Year services (Budget) then Red other wise Green. As I did some research, this is a feature that Microsoft Power BI developer team are currently working on . Alternatively, I can create a KPI set with the above logic and then do CF. This will work except that it’s not the same as is presented in Tableau where It shows Both Actual and Budget and then applies the color where appropriate. I am sure there should be a work around util CF on multiple measures be available in future updates.

Check out this nifty use of UNICHAR characters here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Power-BI-Desktop-Custom-Aggregations-Formatting-and-...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I need help to convert a Tableau dashboard to Power BI with exact look and feel. I have tried most of the custom visuals and conditional formatting with no avail so far. Here is an Excel file

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ETKndS-2WeboNzhYgh0m6sGB1FdTuNiY

that includes:

1. Sample Data: This tab includes raw data for one Unit (Unit ID=1260) for week1 and week2 of October 2016 and 2017
  2. Summary & Desired Output: This table includes a simple Pivot of the sample data. It also includes a snapshot of Tableau report (desired outcome) followed by KPI definitions and rules. I tried to explain everything in this tab. 

I appreciate any help/guidance.

Thank You,

Greg,

Looks like Condiotnal formaating (CF) is only on one measure. I need to do CF on two measures this year vs last year. Conditons are if this year services < last year then Red other wise Green. I can't find CF on two or more measures.  I created a KPI of -1 (first condition) and 1 second condition. But I need to show the visualization as in Tableau .Any ideas?

Thank you,

Helal

Thank you Greg. I will try that and post the result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.