Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nisuomi
Resolver I
Resolver I

Compare to previous row on Table

Hi,

Is there any way, that I could compare the data between the rows in Power BI table?

prev.png

For example I would like to check if the column named Joukkue is having a same name on the next row than in the previous.

On the image, you can see that the two first one are the same.

In QlikView, there is easy method to do this with the set analysis.

I am not so familiar with the DAX, but can't find any easy solution out of the box to this... If any ideas, please share 🙂 Thank you!

Cheers,

Niko

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nisuomi,

Actually, power bi not contains column index and row index. For your scenario, you need to add an index column to compare with different rows.

Then you can use index and index-1 to find out correspond records and previous record, compare these records to get result which you wanted.

If you need some specific help about dax formula, you can provide some sample data to test.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft,

Well that is a bummer, that the Power BI can't (or won't) index the rows automatically if I create a table - that would be (too) handy.

I can't understand if I add a manual index, can I use the same index to check on every different tables with the same index the situation, that we have a repeated teams?

And other thing as well, how can I get a constant min date over all dates?

I can get a min date with a filter, but when I put it to the table it shows the min for all of the relative dates - it should show the min for all the rows - any idea how can this be achieved?

The calculation is

seuraava_ottelupv = CALCULATE(MIN(Otteluohjelma[pvm]);isblank(Otteluohjelma[ratkaisu]))

I can attach the workbook here as an attachment as well.

nimetön.png

It is just a public available stats from Finnish Hockey League website 🙂

http://www.liiga.fi

EDIT: How can I add an attachment... 

EDIT2: Aparrently you can't, so here is a external link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xnq9jn1auqhyn4z/pisteet.pbix?dl=0

Cheers,

Niko

HI @nisuomi,

I think I'm stuck on your tables.(it is hard to analyse the effective column who used to calculate as index)

In my opinion, my suggest is create new index table with 'Nimi' column and index, then find out 'Nimi' from current content, lookup above index table to find out previous/next one, compare these records.

Notice: if your data contains any privacy data, please do mask sensitive data before sharing.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.