Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare row level data wrt date and show output in colored UNICHAR's

Hi All,

I have created a dropdown in desktop to select the dates and have to automatically compare the avg(score) value of the selected week date with the previous week avg(score) value for both the the cities, here as an example  compare(22, 1.5)- 9th Nov and 2nd Nov. Then output should display different new Unicode symbol with colours  for different outcomes i.e both are equals, Greater and Lesser.

DateStateScore
11/2/2018A1
11/2/2018B2
11/9/2018A22
11/9/2018B22
11/16/2018A-4
11/16/2018B-4
11/23/2018A6
11/23/2018B6
11/30/2018A4
11/30/2018B4

Could you please help me on how i can achive this?

Thanks in Advance:

Nishanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may check the measures in attached file.Use conditional formatting for the output measure.For further,please refer to Power-BI-Desktop-DAX-Using-Unicode-Arrows-as-Measures-in-a-Tabl.

Output = IF([Selected Avg]>[Previous Avg],UNICHAR(9650),IF([Selected Avg]<[Previous Avg],UNICHAR(9660),"="))
Condition = IF([Selected Avg]>[Previous Avg],1,IF([Selected Avg]<[Previous Avg],2,3))

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may check the measures in attached file.Use conditional formatting for the output measure.For further,please refer to Power-BI-Desktop-DAX-Using-Unicode-Arrows-as-Measures-in-a-Tabl.

Output = IF([Selected Avg]>[Previous Avg],UNICHAR(9650),IF([Selected Avg]<[Previous Avg],UNICHAR(9660),"="))
Condition = IF([Selected Avg]>[Previous Avg],1,IF([Selected Avg]<[Previous Avg],2,3))

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

for the "symbol" you could create a custom table with a join between your "State" and the code, then show it in a table.

For the colour, you can simply use Conditional Formatting in the cell.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.