Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare individuals to the team

Hello all,

Here's my goal: I want to show the average time spent in review, testing, and draft for the team as a whole as well as these individual employees. Can I display all of this in one stacked column chart?

tmgrady_0-1620750204621.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try the following steps:

1. Add a table for slicer via Enter data:

table for slicer.PNG

2.Create measures for teams and individuals :

team average = 
SWITCH(MAX('ForSlicer'[Type]),"Review",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in review]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Manager])),"Test",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in testing]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Manager])),"Draft",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in draft]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Manager])))
individual average = SWITCH(MAX('ForSlicer'[Type]),"Review",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in review]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Employees])),"Test",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in testing]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Employees])),"Draft",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in draft]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Employees])))

Then you could create visuals as shown below:

averages .gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try the following steps:

1. Add a table for slicer via Enter data:

table for slicer.PNG

2.Create measures for teams and individuals :

team average = 
SWITCH(MAX('ForSlicer'[Type]),"Review",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in review]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Manager])),"Test",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in testing]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Manager])),"Draft",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in draft]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Manager])))
individual average = SWITCH(MAX('ForSlicer'[Type]),"Review",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in review]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Employees])),"Test",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in testing]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Employees])),"Draft",CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[Days in draft]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Employees])))

Then you could create visuals as shown below:

averages .gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-eqin-msft 

Beautifully done. I appreciate the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Yes, you can do that but the technique you have to use is not something that PBI does out of the box. You'll have to put a bit of effort into it. Alberto Ferrari discusses such a technique in his videos on YouTube. You can also find something similar in the materials by The Guy in A Cube (Patrick and Adam) Guy in a Cube - YouTube.

I would give you the exact link but I can't remember it. However, I'm 100% sure they show how to achieve such arrangements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Thank you for pointing me in the direction, but without a specfic location I have still yet to find a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.