Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Taffalaffa
Helper I
Helper I

Compare historical information in a schedule

Hi. I have a table that tracks schedule information of activities for multiple projects.  I need to be able to compare the data to its perevious report date to flag what, if anything has changed.  So for example, I want to compare from the 12/20 data date to the 1/1/23 data date any changes in the activity (task ID is unique).  In the example below I can see that the Activity Name has changed , the OD, and the start and finish dates have changed.  Then from the 1/1/23 data date to the 1/10 data date what has changed? Then from 1/10 to 1/24.... etc.  I only want to compare the information to the next data date.  Guessing I would add a column for each existing column that I want to track and it would be something to the affect of "Activity Name Change since Prev DD" and have it be a "No Change" or "Changed from X to Z" and so on and so forth for the dates, durations, criticality, etc.  I just have no clue how to go about this.  ANy help would be greatly appreciated!  Base excel sheet attached :

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4uhsdd9dsr6iuqrxatjrv/Activities-for-Historical-Comparison.xlsx?dl=0&...

Taffalaffa_0-1680310790334.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello 

on the model that i have share you have one measure for each type of change: 

onurbmiguel__0-1680509801988.png

i have made some modification on the pages, please see: 

onurbmiguel__1-1680509836099.png

example.pbix

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Solution Supplier

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 👍

Take a look at the blog: PBI Portugal 

wp-1586527108426

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Taffalaffa
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @onurbmiguel_  thanks for looking at this.  Unfortunately sorting by task ID is not a workable solution.  I have thousands of task ID's in my actual data set.  I need to be able to have an output table of the changes (by type) so for example one table would be all activities that had a name change since the pervious data date, another would be duration changes etc.  I would be filtering the tables by data date so I can see how the information is changing over time.  Any other thoughts?

Hello 

on the model that i have share you have one measure for each type of change: 

onurbmiguel__0-1680509801988.png

i have made some modification on the pages, please see: 

onurbmiguel__1-1680509836099.png

example.pbix

Best regards

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 👍

wp-1586527108426

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Did I help you to answer your question? Accepted my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! 

onurbmiguel_
Super User
Super User

Hello 

Please see my suggetion for your case.

example.pbix

You will need to filter by task ID: 

onurbmiguel__0-1680337443822.png

Any question please ask 

Best regards

wp-1586527108426

Best regards

Bruno Costa | Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors