Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare Data in the Same Column - Stock Market Data

Hi folks,

I am looking at stock performance per stock at a monthly level and wanting to compare between 2. An example of the data structure is as follows:

stock data.PNG

I have a slicer that that allows you to select 2 stocks. Based on those 2 stocks, I would like to show on a chart (bar, area, etc) the difference between the performance of those 2 stocks. For example, in January 2020, the difference between stock A and stock B is 4%. If I then chose stock A and stock C, the chart should show -3%. The dataset will have many more stocks than just 3, which is why I had initially set up the data this way. I had looked at the variance visualizations, but they are really set up to have 2 different columns or scenarios. Perhaps with DAX there is a way to build a view of the 2 stocks that are selected with the slicer to have them set up in 2 columns (stock 1 and stock 2)?

I am really not sure the best way to solve my problem, any help is very much appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jamesmathew
Helper I
Helper I

2 REPLIES 2
Jamesmathew
Helper I
Helper I

Please look into the below attached solution.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlTyyZ_9D_WjimRn2uMpJfoNnKTF 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your quick response, that worked incredibly well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.