Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare Current Period and Previous Period in Line Chart

Hi,

I am using a slicer with the Switch function to compare the current period and previous period on a line chart.example1.PNG

As you can see there are two slicers here, one contains the measure for the current period and one contains the measure for the previous period.

How can these be combined so the user can see the current period and previous period from one slicer? Ideally, the user clicks on "New Visitor Percent" and the current and previous period show up in the line chart. Same for "Total New Visitor" and the rest of the metrics.

Thank you very much for any help or suggestions.

Joshua Cortigiano

4 REPLIES 4
PBIDevFW
Frequent Visitor

Terrible response, Rena. Be a problem solver. 

You said "send us your files and maybe we'll check later..." Total waste of bandwidth.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Assuming you need two-line using one slicer?

The create two-measures using the same value  from slicer

Measure = Use value from slicer select your traffic trend and display the current year measure

Measure LY = Use the value from slicer select your traffic trend and display the last year measure

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am not sure I completely understand how to do this and I am not sure if I was clear enough with my initial request. The ideal situation is to use one slicer that will display the current period and previous period's total visitors, total new visitors, total page views, and total new visitor percent on the line chart. Everything is working now, but I have to use separate slicers, one for the current period and one for the previous period. Is there a way to combine the measure for the current period and the measure for the previous period into one slicer? To try to illustrate what I am saying I included a photo 

example.PNG

I

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid that there is no good way to achieve the needs you want. Maybe you can share your sample files with us, and later we will check if there is any other alternative that can achieve similar needs. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.