Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Compare 2 Excel Files

Hi everybody! I have 2 Excel Files. File A and File B.

Both have the same column name and same row number (about 8000+).

Product Name and Store ID are the same, but the value of other columns may be different.

Could I use the PowerBI to generate the difference report?

I really would appreciate an answer!

B.PNGA.PNG

The report I want to generate is like the following, the difference may be highlighted.

Tiffany_Jo_0-1670397897678.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In Power Query merge left anti join, and Except in DAX can give you a new table with difference,

Other wise you have create common tables and compare values in measures to find differnece

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak It will be appreciated if you could tell how to realize my following requirement.  I merged the 2 tables in to Merge table, and want to highlight the difference by comparing table A [Product_Origin] vs table B [Product_Origin],

table A [Transaction_Time]   vs table B [Transaction_Time] ,and other mutiple columns like the screenshot.Merge.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak Thank you very much! Could you give me more details for  "create common tables and compare values in measures to find differnece", I tried but was not successful. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.