Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlB
Super User
Super User

Community site functionality not working again

Hi all,

For the last couple of days I have been experiencing, yet again, issues in the community site, with a number of things not working. Amongst others:

1. Unresponsive Topic Options menu button

2. The three dots menu where a published post can be edited is not working

3. I get a pop-up window to complete a survey about the site continually

4. Preview feature not working (it never returns)

Clearing the cache doesn't change anything. 

Are you having similar issues? Know how to fix this?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-shex-msft

A quick update. Everything seems to be working now. 

I can see my subscriptions and notifications again and it's been a while since I last got the pop-up window. Hopefully it will stay that way Smiley Happy

Thanks

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @AlB,

Actually, I can't reproduce these on my side. I test on multiple web browsers but they all works.
BTW, Is there any system updates on your device recently? It may affect web browser.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

It is working fine now - both on Chrome and Edge.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi @v-shex-msft

From what I see most of the problems I described are working now. I haven't changed anything at all since yesterday in my system so I don't think it's on my side. Plus there are quite a few people on the site commenting they had similar issues. 

The only two things that I had noticed weren't working properly and are still failing now are:

a. I keep getting continually this pop-up window asking me to fill in a survey about the site. The difference is that yesterday it was blank and now the text is visible

b. I still can't get access to all my notifications. When I press the "View more" button on the first page I still get the "Authentication failed" error

Thanks

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi all,

I already posted about this yesterday but since I see there are quite a few members of the Community Support Team (***-msft) active right now I'd like to have their take on this.

For the last couple of days I have been experiencing, yet again, issues in the community site, with a number of things not working. Amongst others:

1. Unresponsive Topic Options menu button

2. The three dots menu where a published post can be edited is not working

3. I get a blank pop-up window (like the one that asks to complete a survey about the site) continually

4. Preview feature not working (it never returns)

5. Can't give kudos or accept solution ("authentication failed")

6. Can only view the first batch of my notifications ("authentication failed" when 'View more' is pressed)  

Clearing the cache doesn't change anything. 

Do you know when this is going to be fixed? Any workaround in the meantime?

Many thanks 

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

For me all works very well in the Chrome Browser.  I am facing issues when accessing the forums on Edge.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlB,

I reported this on the following post I have talked to some people on microsoft and they have identified the issue, they are trying to solve it however until it fully solved it can return, has to do with an update that went worng on ones of the servers were the forum is administated.

You can post on the same issues that I did, several persons already complaint in different ways. 

They are working on it hopefully will be fix quicly.

Curios note while writing this I'm also having the issues Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thanks very much @MFelix for the info

@MFelix

hmmm... and now that I tried to give you kudos for your response... ain't working either Smiley Frustrated

No problem @AlB,

I consider that I have that additional KUDOS from you, even though it's not counted for.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@@MFelix wrote:

No problem @AlB,

I consider that I have that additional KUDOS from you, even though it's not counted for.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Regards,

MFelix

@MFelix

It's working now. I'm debt-free Smiley Wink

@v-shex-msft

Unfortunately I've just noticed new issues, more worrying than the previous ones. All my subscriptions are gone (the list at least comes up empty) and so is the list of my posted messages. Disappeared. Hope this can be fixed quickly as it seriously hinders my participation in the community. Don't know if somebody else has experienced this problem too.

Thanks very much for your help.

FYI, I posted about this in the issues section as well

@v-shex-msft

A quick update. Everything seems to be working now. 

I can see my subscriptions and notifications again and it's been a while since I last got the pop-up window. Hopefully it will stay that way Smiley Happy

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.