Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xliu1
Helper II
Helper II

Common filters for visualizations using columns from different datasets

I imported three datasets into Power BI: ENRL_MODALITY, COURSE_FTE_SCH, FLG_DL_ENRL. All three datasets have the same column "Term", which has the same format. What I want to do is to pull different columns from different dataset to make different visualizations, but they all use the same filter "Term." I drag "Term" from ENRL_MODALITY onto the filter pane "Filters on all pages." But it only applies to the visualization that is using columns from ENRL_MODALITY. How should I make this Term filter universal to all visualizations, i.e., graphs using columns from COURSE_FTE_SCH and FLG_DL_ENRL.

This might be an easy question. I am pretty new to PBI. So thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @xliu1 

you need to create relationships between tables by this filed via Manage relationships tool

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @xliu1 

you need to create relationships between tables by this filed via Manage relationships tool

LinkedIn

Thanks. This works. But it looks like I can only manage relationship for one column at a time. What if I need to set up multiple filters: Term, Campus, College, etc. to apply to all three datasets? Thanks for any advice!

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

@xliu1 

you can create active relationships only by one field.

for any other logic you should use USERELATIONSHIP function https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dax/userelationship-function-dax in your measures or column statements

LinkedIn

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors