Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Command timeout in minutes is grayed out

Hi,

Any idea how to change the timeout if it grayed out?

Its working if im adding a new data source, but i dont want to do every setup again...

Thank

gray.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is caused that there is a pair of brackets in your code. Please see the image below to try again.3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
shaneagibson

If the "Command timeout in minutes (optional)" input field is disabled, it is because one or more tables have table-specific timeout values that are unique. This field is only editable globally via the Data Source Settings if all tables have identical timeouts.

To fix this:

1. Click "Transform Data" from the toolbar menu

2. For each table click on the table name and then click "Advanced Editor" from the toolbar menu

3. The dialog box that is shown should contain:

Source = Sql.Database("my-database-server.database.windows.net", "my-database"),

4. If the dialog box contains a custom timeout value (such as below), you can remove it (or ensure that it is configured consistently for all tables in the report)

Source = Sql.Database("my-database-server.database.windows.net", "my-database", [CommandTimeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0)]),

The four parameters for the #duration definition are days, hours, minutes, and seconds. The above example sets the timeout to 30 minutes.

5. If the timeout setting is removed, or is identical for all tables, then the "Command timeout in minutes (optional)" value will be editable and will reflect the configured value for all tables (i.e. 30 minutes).

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could try to add specify timeout interval in Advanced Editor manually. See the image below. Hope it will help you.

[CommandTimeout=#duration(0, 0, 30, 0)])

4.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xue Ding,

Thank you for the idea, but I get an error after I added.

What could be the problem?

2019-11-12_08h50_01.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is caused that there is a pair of brackets in your code. Please see the image below to try again.3.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.