cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jared168
Microsoft
Microsoft

Command line to update data sources

Is there a way to update my PBIX files without manually opening and refreshing them? I'd like to have a script run and update my data.

Any Ideas?

(For why I'm not using the Power BI Online updating, it doesn't currently support my internal company OData information source, and I'd like to automate the update process)

3 REPLIES 3
mllopis
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Jared,

Currently there is no way to programmatically refresh a PBIX file.

However, on-prem OData feeds should be refreshable using the Personal Gateway. Could you elaborate on what issues you found trying to do this?

Thanks,
M.
djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi All,

Is Power BI working on command line functionality ?

Personal Gateway & Enterprise Gateway are great, but ONLY for on-prem data. What we need is a way to refresh data that is being retrieved from an API on a daily basis (ie. coming from an External source which is not on our premises).

Regards,

Daniel

The OData sources I have do not seem to work through the Personal Gateway. I think PowerBI.com tries to access them through a public interface, which would not be possible. It must be accessed from inside my corporate network. Here is the error I get:

"Cannot connect to the data source"

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors