Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shrmehta
Helper I
Helper I

Comma Separator

Can anyone help me to change comma separator format from lakhs, crores etc to millions, billions etc. in PBI

eg 12,34,56,789 to 123,456,789 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @shrmehta,

Please try this, works for me 

Power BI is picking up Currency format from Local computer where you create you desktop file (.pbix).

Fix Comma Separator for currency.jpg

So before opening your pbix, go to control panel >Clock lang>Region>Currency and change it as needed.

and change region to USA or CANADA etc.. you should get millions, billions.

Cheers

Van2050

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@shrmehta In power bi desktop use different formattig options available under Modelling tab.

Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the answer. I tried the modelling tab. I am facing the problem for comma seperator in table. It is correctly displayed in all other visuals

-Shruti

Hi shrmehta,

Could you please share the screenshot of the wrong format data in table visuals?

I created mine and it displays well.

14.PNG

By the way, it is also available to change the data type under report View (we need to click on the value column first to make the Modeling available), check if it will have any difference when changing the format or data types.

Regards

Hi @Michael_Shao -

Sorry to drudge up this old topic, but I can't find that comma icon anywhere!  Here is what my ribbon bar looks like...

Any ideas???

Your screen shot is from the query editor. The comma icon is on the Modeling tab in data view or report view.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here , anyone found the answer ? 

Stuck with this : 1,61,350

Expected output: 161,350

i've tried following

1. regional settings change
  2. currency change
  3. thousand separate on /off 

Thank you in advance!

Vans

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Here is the data as it is displayed in my report

1.jpg

2.jpg

I checked both data columns and report view and they both display the same formatting. Doesn't change if I change the Data Type from decimal number to whole number

-Shruti Mehta

Hi Shruti,

Well this seems to be a little werid.

Hover the mouse cursor at the thousands seperator, would it make any difference regarding the data in table visuals?

By the way, Microsoft Power BI Desktop now have the October update available, download and install to check if this issue would insist:

Power BI Desktop

Regards

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Hovering shows the same format of comma seperator. I updated to October version and the screenshot I shatred was October version.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.