Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shahinkmajeed
Helper I
Helper I

Combo Chart in Power BI with multiple Y axis

Dear All,

I am a beginner in Power BI. I have a requirement to create a line chart with multiple Y axis as below. Also please note that the the X axis values have to come in the descending order. Kindly help.

image.png

Thanks in advance!!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Shahinkmajeed,

Here you can find how to put 2 y-axis in a line chart in Power BI. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

FYI reported this on ideas forum and got this answer.

“In your scenario, you need to change the X-Axis type as Categorical, then the sort menu is available if the X axis has date or number values. “

Thank You So Much Seward. It works!!!

Regards,

Shahin K

7 REPLIES 7
luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Shahinkmajeed,

Here you can find how to put 2 y-axis in a line chart in Power BI. 

Regards,

Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you click the ... menu that appears in the top right corner of the visual you will see the sort options where you can choose Ascending. 

Hi Dear, I cannot see the sort option in the menu option. 

image.png

Where are you X Values coming from? Do you have a date tabble

I think you may have found a BUG with the new Sort Capability they recently rolled out. I have to try to find an old powerbi install to test it.

When you have an integer series on the axis it does not let you sort! Also would not sort with Date[Date] on the axis I even tried specifying Sort by and choosing the date field.  It did work with a text column in the date table that had Sort By used to specify the sort (in this case sort by [Date] column.

As a work around I added a "Last N Days" from NOW to my date table, added a second column for [Last N Days TXT] using FORMAT([Last N Days,"General Number") and set a visual filter on that to limit chart to last 21 days and the used the actual date on the axis. Could then sort just fine.

See this sample PBIX I modified form another solution I recently helped out on as an example.

capture20180807173803930.png

FYI reported this on ideas forum and got this answer.

“In your scenario, you need to change the X-Axis type as Categorical, then the sort menu is available if the X axis has date or number values. “

Thank You So Much Seward. It works!!!

Regards,

Shahin K

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.