Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nonoybno
Employee
Employee

Combo Chart filtering on bar chart y affects line chart

I have a line chart and bar chart that share the same X axis, but have different Y axes in a combo chart. When I apply a visual filter(advanced filter, value > 0) on the Y-axis of the bar chart, the line chart also disappears because it obviously doesn't satisfy the condition. How do I stop this? 

The bar chart shows data of the type P by Q by R(P & Q on the axis, and R in bar).

I want to apply this filter because a lot of my R values have P values = 0, and I don't want them to appear in the report.

I am quite new to Power BI so please correct any of my assumptions.

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nonoybno,

According to your description, it seems that you created a combo chart (Line and cluster column chart or Line and stacked column chart). And you want to filter column values when the shared X-axis value is 0, without affecting line values, right?

In my opinion, as both column values and line values are displaying in the same chart visual, if we set filter on visual level, both line and columns in the chart will be affected at the same time. In your scenario, it would be better if you could share some sample data and screenshots of expected results for our analysis. So that we can look into whether the requirement an be achieved.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have three statuses(Completed,Pending,Future Schedule). In the stacked line considered only Completed and Future Schedule and it has visual level filter for Pending status. But, for line i need to consider all three statuses and set the montly goal

Is it possible for line chart not to consider the visula level filter?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nonoybno If of the three type filters (page-level, report-level and visual-level) you're using visual-level filter for bar chart then that should not have any effect on the line chart. Way to do that is select bar chart first then on right-hand side filter pane go to visual-level filters and apply filter. 

You are correct. The measure that was being displayed in the line chart linked to the R value in the data source itself. Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.