Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lucas_Phil
Helper I
Helper I

Combo Chart: Line values only shows when column values are not blank

Hi everyone!

I have a situation here with the combo chart: I want to related two measures, but the line values only shows when the columns values are not blank.

In the image the table shows that at 12-05 I have 3 actions, but as I don't have any complaints, it doesn't shows the line values.

Lucas_Phil_0-1668081799760.png

Lucas_Phil_2-1668081969946.png

If I choose to show itens with no data for the date in x axis, I have this: 

Do you know if I have another option here? "Show itens with no data" is not something I want, because I need to add some filters to the graph, otherwise would be too much info that don't need to be there. And the dots get connected. 

If I change the x axis to "week", I have what would be the perfect scenario, but per week and not for the exactly date. The perfect scenario includes the dots not being connected, just the dots.

Lucas_Phil_0-1668082793205.png

To clarify possible doubts: the two measures are in separated tables, but both have a data table connecting their date column.
I didn't upload a sample of the file because looks to me that is more as something possible or not possible to do.. But if you think it helps, I can make one and post it here 🙂 

Thank you in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Lucas_Phil 

You can try the following methods. Use Line and stacked column chart views.

vzhangti_0-1670393052396.png

Modify the range of 2 Y-axes.

vzhangti_4-1670393281822.pngvzhangti_2-1670393093157.png

Result:

vzhangti_3-1670393254947.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Lucas_Phil 

Listening to your description should be achievable. Can you provide easy data for testing? The output you expect can also be shown in pictures or excel.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhangti !!
Sorry to bother you, but did you have time to take a look on this?

I tried some importaded visuals, but none until now satisfied with the exact same result I'm expecting. 
Thank you!

Hi, @v-zhangti !

Thanks for your reply.

The expected output should be something like this. 

Lucas_Phil_0-1668165025713.png

The data sample:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1remOWfAXZ6UrX64EZlOxQdxkcjc1YUoY/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=10939...

Thank you again!

Hi, @Lucas_Phil 

You can try the following methods. Use Line and stacked column chart views.

vzhangti_0-1670393052396.png

Modify the range of 2 Y-axes.

vzhangti_4-1670393281822.pngvzhangti_2-1670393093157.png

Result:

vzhangti_3-1670393254947.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.