Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining two Line and Stacked column charts

Hi All,

Just wanted to know if theres a possibility that I can combine two line and stacked column charts and show the data.

Himanshu_13_0-1627890657716.png

I have created the above two seperate charts and now business wants to see it together like below:

The closed and created tickets side by side.

Himanshu_13_1-1627890706048.png

But i'm not sure if its possible as I cant see any visualisation supporting this.

Do let me know if there's any visual to show the data this way or any work around.

Please note: All the fields in both the visuals are measures created.

Himanshu_13_2-1627890816497.png

Regards,

Himanshu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to create a new table:

image.png

Then create measure:

Combine = 
var tab = 
FILTER(
    ALLSELECTED('devops-query-spr2'),
    'devops-query-spr2'[Closed Month'Year] = MAX('devops-query-spr2'[Month'Year])
)
RETURN
IF(
    MAX('Table'[Tickets]) = "Created Tickets", 
    SWITCH(
        MAX('Table'[Types]),
        "Issue", [Issue],
        "Feature", [Feature],
        "User Story", [User Story],
        "UI/UX", [UI/UX count],
        "Infra", SUM('devops-query-spr2'[Infrastructure])
    ),
    SWITCH(
        MAX('Table'[Types]),
        "Issue", CALCULATE( [Closed Issue], tab ),
        "Feature", CALCULATE( [Closed Feature], tab ),
        "Customer Enhancement", CALCULATE( [closed Customer Enhancement], tab ),
        "Internal Enhancement", CALCULATE( [Closed Internal Enhancement], tab ),
        "UI/UX", CALCULATE( [Closed UI/UX count], tab ),
        "Infra", CALCULATE( [closed Infrastructure], tab )
    )
)

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does your table have the following column containing tickets types? 

image.png

If so, you can try to add the column to the X-axis of the chart and drill down.

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft No i dont have any column as Status rather i have created measures for different ticket types like Non-Dev, Issue etc for both closed and created.

I have two date tables in my data so i've created a DAX date table to sync both and i dont think there's any visual where i can put all the measures together (both created and closed)

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are two ways you can try.

1. Append two tables.

• Add custom columns to table Created Tickets and table Closed Tickets, then append two tables. This gives us the same column("Status") as in the previous reply.

image.png

image.png

image.png

2. Add a new table, like this:

image.png

Then create measure:

Measure = 
IF(
    SWITCH(
        MAX('Table'[Types]),
        "Issue", SUM('Created Tickets'[Issue type]),
        "Non-Dev", SUM('Created Tickets'[Non-Dev type]),
        "User Story", SUM('Created Tickets'[User Story type])
    ),
    SWITCH(
        MAX('Table'[Types]),
        "Issue", SUM('Closed Tickets'[Issue type]),
        "Non-Dev",SUM('Closed Tickets'[Non-Dev type]),
        "User Story",SUM('Closed Tickets'[User Story type])
    )
)

image.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft  I tried but its not working for me as the ticket types are measures for me and you have used them as column in your file.

Please use the below link to download the sample pbix file. You'll find the measures and the graphs n the report. Do let me know if its possible to merge the closed and open tickets.

I have merged 1 which is Non-Dev tickets and thats also in the file but i want to merge all.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mfC6eO3yD8NM5SdxdgehrVr09xhs0SHk/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to create a new table:

image.png

Then create measure:

Combine = 
var tab = 
FILTER(
    ALLSELECTED('devops-query-spr2'),
    'devops-query-spr2'[Closed Month'Year] = MAX('devops-query-spr2'[Month'Year])
)
RETURN
IF(
    SWITCH(
        MAX('Table'[Types]),
        "Issue", [Issue],
        "Feature", [Feature],
        "User Story", [User Story],
        "UI/UX", [UI/UX count],
        "Infra", SUM('devops-query-spr2'[Infrastructure])
    ),
    SWITCH(
        MAX('Table'[Types]),
        "Issue", CALCULATE( [Closed Issue], tab ),
        "Feature", CALCULATE( [Closed Feature], tab ),
        "Customer Enhancement", CALCULATE( [closed Customer Enhancement], tab ),
        "Internal Enhancement", CALCULATE( [Closed Internal Enhancement], tab ),
        "UI/UX", CALCULATE( [Closed UI/UX count], tab ),
        "Infra", CALCULATE( [closed Infrastructure], tab )
    )
)

image.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft can you help me with one last thing, i want the created tickets to be in first and then the closed tickets in my graph? Should I change the measure created?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft Thanks for the help. It resolved my issue !!!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

two options come to mind. One crazy one - superposition both charts, make the background and legend etc. of the "top" one transparent, and play with the spacing between the bars.

The other one is more reasonable - use Charticulator to create your own custom visual.

Third option is to use a table visual instead and see if that is sufficient to tell the story.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.