Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining shapes and visualizations in a PBI report

Hi,

in a PBI report I need to use some shapes, f.e. a rectangle, in order to design a background area below a slicer;

but when I click on the rectangle the slicer disappear (it goes below the rectangle).

I'd like to use a shape in order to embellish a visualizations, if possible of course.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If I understood correctly the only problem is the layers order. Click on the rectangle and then go to Format > Send to back

JorgePinho_0-1663840137204.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The rectangle is back to the slicer, but the click action carries it forward hiding the slicer.

When you click on the rectangle temporarly it will be in front of the slicer. But you will notice that if you click in another place the rectangle will go back to behind the slicer.

However there is no need to worry, because when you publish it to the web that behaviour won't happen 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, but it isn't a very good behaviour thinking to use the Power BI Desktop to show a PoC or a working in progress to an user or a manager.

Thanks

Yes I understand what you are saying. The only suggestion I can give you is to publish the report in your personal workspace to present it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors