Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Veblengood
Helper I
Helper I

Combining multiple sections in a matrix

I have a matrix with sales by category in rows and by years (from date table) in columns. At the same time I have a different matrix showing indexes comparing this year sales to last year sales and so on using the same categories.

What I want is to combine those matrices (as you would do in excel) into one, without repeating the indeces for each year. Is this possible? Another solution would be to make one matrix dependent on the other so that the same categories are always displayed in either matrix.

Category202120222023
A123
B405060

CategoryIndex YAIndex vs 2 YA
A50%300%
B  

Year  Index 
Category202120222023Index YaIndex 2 Ya
A12350%300%
B405060  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Veblengood 

According to your description, you want to combine two Matix visual to one . Right?
In Power BI Desktop , if you want to realize it , you need to create  a new table as the column headers , like this:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1672971133665.png

Then we need use this table as the Matrix's column headers . And then we need to create a measure to judge the column name(We can use SWITCH() or IF() function) and calculate the value in the logic.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Veblengood 

According to your description, you want to combine two Matix visual to one . Right?
In Power BI Desktop , if you want to realize it , you need to create  a new table as the column headers , like this:

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1672971133665.png

Then we need use this table as the Matrix's column headers . And then we need to create a measure to judge the column name(We can use SWITCH() or IF() function) and calculate the value in the logic.

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.