cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining multiple databases into one db

Hello all,

I am currently working on 1 server with 23 databses with the same tables and columns. Is there a way that we can consolidate those 23 dbs into one and have their tables be combined or merged so that I can create a consolidated report.

I have already tried searching for ways and also tried using query parameters but I was not able to get it right, can anyone help me on this please.

Any suggestions or help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
sac21
Advocate I
Advocate I
elofstrom
Resolver I
Resolver I

Leon - 

Have you ever used "Folder as a source" in the Query Editor?  You can probably use the same approach for multiple databases/tables.

Essentially what you end up doing is creating a custom function that you then pass the database/table information into and the custom function parses the table.  Then it will ultimately extract all that data into one final table in the Query Editor.

Here's a post on the community I found that might answer your question: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-connect-multiple-database-with-same-table-in-Power-B...

Hope that helps.

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.