Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining multiple databases into one db

Hello all,

I am currently working on 1 server with 23 databses with the same tables and columns. Is there a way that we can consolidate those 23 dbs into one and have their tables be combined or merged so that I can create a consolidated report.

I have already tried searching for ways and also tried using query parameters but I was not able to get it right, can anyone help me on this please.

Any suggestions or help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leon - 

Have you ever used "Folder as a source" in the Query Editor?  You can probably use the same approach for multiple databases/tables.

Essentially what you end up doing is creating a custom function that you then pass the database/table information into and the custom function parses the table.  Then it will ultimately extract all that data into one final table in the Query Editor.

Here's a post on the community I found that might answer your question: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-connect-multiple-database-with-same-table-in-Power-B...

Hope that helps.

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors