Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveBoehm
Regular Visitor

Combining data from two different online data sources in the same .pbix

I have login ID's for two different clients of mine.  I've developed Power BI reports for both different clients and published these reports to their own domains.  I would like to pull data from both of my clients into the same report.

My clients are both using MS Dynamics 365 Business Central as their ERP solutions.  I sign in to Power BI using my credentials for the first company (i.e. dave@abc.com).  I also set this login ID and password as the credentials in "Options and Settings".  At this point, I can go to "Get Data>Online Services>Dynamics 365 Business Central" to access this client's data.  Okay, no problem.

Now I want to bring in data from my other client's instance of Business Central.  I can change the log-in as db@xyz.com.  I can also set this login ID (with the password) in Options and Settings.  I can access the second client's instance of Business Central, but when I click on "Load", I get a load error.  For the data coming from the first client, each table indicates the name of the table along the the message "The key didn't match any rows in the table".  The load for the table from the second client fails, also.  Of course, the message here is "Loading blocked by failures with other queries".

Does anyone know of a way to get around this situation?  I would love to be able to pull data from each of my clients online ERP solutions, into the same Power BI report.

2 REPLIES 2
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @DaveBoehm

Never tried using the same connector but different credentials. Perhaps you can use dataflow for one of the credentials.  I am curious if anyone has a better idea than this.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.